Monday, March 4, 2013

Teething trouble

Poor Jackson had a rough night last night. He went to sleep in his bed and lasted there about two hours. He woke up crying so I made the mad dash upstairs in the dark to rescue him. When I got to him, he clung to me for dear life. He then proceed to cry and cry and cry for what seemed like eternity. Poor baby is getting a molar and he's not impressed by it at all. Brent finally took his temp around 12:30am and t was 101.7. We gave Tylenol and within an hour Jackson was sweating as if he'd ran a 5k. Around 2am we realized the three of us in one bed would not end well. I took Jackson to his nursery and rocked him until he finally passed out again. He and I then spent the rest of the night in the guest room upstairs. Every hour or so he'd cry out in pain. It was hard to soothe him. I'm hopeful that tonight is better

To top it off, he's got a smashed finger! It looks like a big. Loos blister on the end of his pinky. I have no idea how he did it. I face timed my EMT brother-in-law's to confirm that the boo boo was non-pinky threatening. They assure me that unless the blister continues to swell we will not need to pop it. The thought of poking my sweet boy with a sterilized needle was too much for this mama!

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment