Saturday, May 5, 2012

Book Review

#51 on my 101 in 1001 list is to read 10 books for fun. Here's a list of what I chose and what I thought about each. Who knows, maybe I'll blow right past my goal of 10.

 1. Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin. This book kept my attention until the very last page. It's about a newlywed who wonder's what her life might have been like if she'd only made a few different decisions. The characters are easy to relate to and it's a fast read. This is a great book to read at the beach or on your lunch breaks (as I did).        
   
My rating: ****/ 5 Stars 
official website: http://www.emilygiffin.com/


 2. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. This was the second time I read this book. Yes...it's THAT good. I love all the Twilight series but this one was of my favorites. I love the banter between Jacob & Edward. (I read it so I'd be refreshed before seeing the movie. I originally read it in January 2009)

My rating: *****/ 5 Stars


3. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer. I had to buy this and read it since it was her take on a character other than our favorite vampires and werewolves in Eclipse. All in all it was just okay. I didn't really like the gross blood sucking demonized way Vampires (besides our loveable Cullen's) act. It was an easy read- no chapters.

My rating: **/ 5 Stars


 4. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I had to buy this book because my book club chose it as our first assignment. I had seen the book but never paid much attention and honestly never thought I'd read it. I must say I enjoyed it. It's a murder mystery with tangled up love and emotion throughout all 590 pages. It wasn't as fast of a read as I'm used to but I will definitely be picking up the next two books from the series. 

My rating: ****/ 5 Stars
official website: http://www.stieglarsson.com/


 5. The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson. Luckily I was able to borrow this book when book club announced that it was #2 on our list. I enjoyed the book but liked the first book of the series much better. This was another murder mystery and had less love and emotion than it's predecessor. It was harder to read than most chick-lit books I read (due to the language barrier) but was an interesting book.

My rating: ***/ 5 Stars


 6. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I loved this book! It's the first book I read on my new Nook that I got for Christmas. I usually love all things Nicholas Sparks but this was one was especially sweet. With Nicholas Sparks you always expect a tragic heart wrenching ending. This book does not steer far from his previous path but that's all I'll divulge regarding the ending. If you're up for a quick read this is the perfect summer beach book.

My rating: *****/5 Stars
official website: http://www.nicholassparks.com/


 7. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. I loved this book! It hooked me from page one all the way to the end. I read it with the intentions of finishing it prior to the movie release. At this point I've still yet to see the movie! This is definitely a quick, girly book to read. I'm thankful that my friend Candice loaned it to me! 

My rating: *****/5 Stars
official website: http://www.emilygiffin.com/


 8. Something Blue by Emily Giffin. I liked this book but not as much as Something Borrowed. I won't give it away but I prefer the character that book #1 revolves around more than the character in this book. It was an easy read and I tackled it on my Nook at the beach. It started slow but had me hooked by the end.

My rating: ****/ 5 Stars
official website: http://www.emilygiffin.com/


 9. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I took entirely too long to get into this book. I started it then put it away (on my NOOK) to read a few girly books. I picked it back up at the beach and couldn't put it down. I loved the idea of Robert Pattinson as the main character in my head. I still haven't seen the movie but it's on my to do list. This was a great book and I think people of all ages and genders would enjoy it. 

My Rating: ****/ 5 Stars


  10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I put off reading this... I was afraid to join the rest of the obsessed following. I truly enjoyed the book. I will read the rest of the series as soon as I have time. I found a way to finish the book in a few days (which says a ton since I now have a 6 month old!).

My rating: *****/ 5 Stars

 note: This list was created a LONG time ago...took me a while to read 10 books!

No comments:

Post a Comment