Friday, August 5, 2011

Passing Score

I passed the glucose test! I scored 135 and the nurse told me I'd pass as long as I was below 140. It wasn't as bad as I'd expected. The drink was cold and thick. It tasted like an Alabama Slammer shot from a bartender that doesn't know exactly what to put in the recipe. I felt like a terrible mom-to-be comparing my drink to this but hey whatever helps you keep it down, right?

I also got an email on Thursday stating that my bedding had shipped. I was pumped. I wasn't anticipating it to ship until the week of August 12th. Way to go PolkaDotDesigns for being early. I can't wait to post pictures soon.

Before I go I need to share a funny story from my OB appointment. So my Dr. comes in and she's in a hurry because she's on her way to a c-section. She rattles off "blood pressures good, urinalysis was good, you're in the middle of your diabetes test and a total weight gain of 24 lbs so far". I said "okay..." she then told me that this was the point in her pregnancy when she had to stop eating doughnuts. I swear Krispy Kreme has a camera in the new 280 locations drive thru or Brent tipped her off! He swears he didn't and it was a coincidence. She backed up her statement with "I'm not getting on to you but the first 20lbs come off easy and every pound after that is hard work". I felt very irritated. I think I look okay for a 27 week 2 day pregnant person. Brent was on cloud nine. This whole pregnancy he's been saying "You're only supposed to gain 20-30lbs". I always bounce back with "I read 25-35 is acceptable". Not that I wanted 35 but if it happens...hey it happens. I've also read that it's normal to gain a pound a week from here on out. That would put me at 37 pounds of total weight gain. 7 more than good old Dr. ordered... is it bad that after writing this I'd kill for some chocolate chip cookies?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley...Congrats on your pregnancy and little boy! I had to commment after reading your incident with the dr. I gained a little over 40lbs with my first...and I lost all but 5 lbs before getting preggo again. Do not let this stress you! Do not even let it be a worry...eat what you feel like and worry about weight after you have delivered. If you are breastfeeding...the weight does slide off quickly. I lost 25 of it just in the hospital. Happy Mamas are well fed :)

    ReplyDelete