Saturday, February 19, 2011

Little River Canyon

We took a day trip adventure to Little River Canyon today. It was such a nice day that and we didn't want to waste it sitting inside the house. We walked to the falls and then Brent decided to take us down to the bottom of the falls. This was trickier than it looked. At one point we were dangling Charlie down between two rocks to lower him from my level to the level Brent was on down below. I was a nervous wreck! We made it down, took some photos, then started the hike back up to the look-out platform. I hope you enjoy the pictures...

I had fun playing around with my camera settings. At one point I looked around and Brent & Charlie were gone. I stood on the platform, walked to the car, and then got really scared that they'd left me. About 15 minutes later they came back looking for me. Apparently they'd decided to go ahead and walk the trail. I had no idea... nice job boys.
Charlie did so good on his leash. I was worried he'd heave himself off the side of the cliff.
Making Brent take pictures for me.
It's a good day to be a dog!
Charlie: "Are you sure about this dad?"
One last photo of the waterfall

It's so nice to go and explore things like this in Alabama. I hope that Brent and I take more time this year to do things like this. I feel like a tired kid that played outside all day. I know I'll be achey come this time tomorrow due to our hike. Charlie should sleep like a rock now that he's had an adventure filled day topped off with a warm bath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment