Saturday, June 11, 2011

Reveal Dinner

We have a huge family and are so blessed that everyone is as involved in our lives as they are. We knew when we found out the baby's gender that we needed a way to tell everyone at once. We couldn't make all those phone calls and miss out on everyone's excitement.

The very first time we went to the Dr. we saw a family that had all came on the day of the big ultrasound. It was like watching clowns climb out of a tiny car. I told Brent that there was no way we could have everyone there with us at the doctor... He agreed.

I decided to invite the whole family down for dinner. In my head it all worked out easily. I tend to forget how small the downstairs of our town house is and that 16 people really have a hard time fitting. With the help of all my grandmothers, Lori and Mrs. Melinda we were able to supply enough food and keep everyone comfortable. I am so glad that everyone took the time out of their busy schedules to come and visit with us on the special day. It was so great and meant so much to Brent and I to see how happy everyone is about baby Jackson.

we revealed the gender with a cookie cake... I love everyone's expressions in this photo :)

Brent didn't wear blue on purpose...

Baby Jackson's first blue gifts... Charlie's very interested int he squeak toys

My immediate family...apparently they all wore blue too!

We had a few members of Brent's family missing. Justin & Jennifer were at a goat show in Louisiana. We used face-time on my iphone and her ipad to share the news with them. I hope they were able to see everything okay! Moriah also missed because she was busy at work nursing sick kids back to health. Thank you again to everyone for coming over. It really meant the world to us! Love you guys!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment