Saturday, July 16, 2011

Baby Furniture

Our two pieces from the Baby's Dream line came in recently. Brent and I borrowed his dad's truck and picked the boxes up today. I'm so excited that they are now in our garage. We can't move them to the nursery until we clean out the current office furniture but I am excited just knowing they are in and under our roof. Our crib came in a few weeks back and we have it stored at Brent's parents until nursery arrangement day happens. The only piece of furniture we are still waiting on is the glider and ottoman. We ordered it today and Storkland said it should be in within 6-8 weeks. Yay! :)

Here are pictures of the furniture I pulled from the web. I can't wait until it's all in Jackson's room complete for a big nursery reveal.

changing table... this is the color we selected. It's called "Espresso"

(the picture shows the wrong color) but we have this chest in Espresso for all his clothes

Casablanca crib by Bratt Decor in Pewter 

Capri Glider (we ordered it in a tan color to match his bedding)

and the ottoman to match...

I think I'm going to be very happy with the way it all comes together. I still need to have the curtains made but I plan on doing that at Willow Tree Fabric in Decatur. The bedding is scheduled to ship the week of August 12th so I hope to purchase the crib mattress by then so I can start putting it all together. 

My grandfather plans on making me a bench for the nursery. I've got to get him specific measurements and then he should have it finished in no time. Here's a picture of what I'm shooting for. I'm going to do a mixture of the two pictures listed below:



I'm going to do one single bench (not a corner unit) but I want it to sit on the ground like the corner unit does. We will then have a cushion made out of matching fabric to complete the project. I'm going to put baskets in the two cubbies on the end and leave the middle two open for Jackson's books & toys. His room's not very big so I don't know how I will arrange it all. I'm hoping it magically fits better once it's up there than it does in my head :)

And as for artwork... I've asked my sister to replicate the following two prints on canvas for me. She's a great artist and I know how special it will be for Jackson that his aunt Emily made them rather than mom forking out serious $$



There is no true theme to the room. I'm going more for a color scheme than a theme. I need to find a mobile and I have no idea what I'm going to look for. His bedding is a mix of paisley's and stripes all in tans, baby blues & creams.

 I'd also like to find a shelf to paint to hang in his room to put special mementos on. Brent's mom has his Feltman Brother's coming home from the hospital outfit and I'd love to have it hanging on a cute hanger on one of the shelf knobs. 

And have I mentioned how expensive it is to have a baby? But it warms my heart knowing our little dude is worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment